Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 27-30

Our computer broke last week so we had to get a new one. I'm back and I've had a lot of thoughts I've wanted to write about. First, though I want to finish my thankfulness project.


27) I am thankful for the Catholic Church, the Holy Spirit, the communion of Saints, and prayer. I have had membership in several churches in my life, and attended many more, but when I went to Mass as an adult I knew I was home. I'm thankful that there is a Holy Spirit to live in us and guide us in this world that is full of so much suffering. I'm thankful for the Communion of Saints both in Heaven and on Earth - for my family in Heaven who are closer to God than I and are willing to pray for me, and for my friends here on Earth who are willing to be with me in person and share their love, prayers, support, and casseroles.

28) I am thankful for the promise of Heaven and the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. Although I am a Christian, and consider myself a believer, I naturally drift toward unbelief. This is just how my mind works, and part of my struggle with faith. I don't know if I ever cared about Heaven before Jonah died. I care now. I hope that Heaven is real and that it is wonderful. Not only is God there, but my precious treasure Jonah is there and that's where I want to go when I die.

29) I am thankful for books written by people much wiser than I. I can't seem to get enough of reading lately. If you have suggestions, I would love to hear them.

30) I am thankful for the women who have traveled this road before me. I'm not thankful they had to lose their children, but I am thankful to have people I can talk to, blogs I can read, and support groups I can attend where I am not alone in my grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment